It is high time now that New Yorkers should realize the threat being faced by obesity. It has been revealed that approximately 6,000 New Yorkers die due to obesity related problems. There is a need that awareness in regard to this deadly problem should be raised.
A lot many steps have been proposed to control obesity in the city. One of the measures is to restrict the availability of sugary soda drinks to 16 ounces per individual. Already many months have gone in vain while discussing the negative points of the same and answering back the criticism.
It is now that the Board of Health has decided to vote on the policy of restricting extra-large sugary sodas. The voting on the same has to be taken on Thursday.
Experts were of the view that sugary drinks are not doing a single benefit for human body. In fact, it is loaded with sugar and makes one feel full.
Moreover, a lot many studies have been taken out, which have concluded that extra sugary drinks make one fat and suffer from health complications like diabetes and cardiovascular problems. It has to be understood that obesity is not only taxing lives, but it has also been draining out a lot of money, asserted experts.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez