Due to an outbreak of Hantavirus at the Yosemite National Park, three visitors were charged with their life. All of those people who visited and spent some time in this park were at a risk of catching the rodent-borne illness.
Recently, the life a person who was the ninth one to be discovered suffering from the symptoms of this virus has been saved. He visited the park in early July and contracted the disease. He was a resident of California.
According to the National Park Service spokesman John Quinley, most of the visitors at this park were guests at the Signature cabins in Curry Village. Therefore, the authorities tried and contacted all those people, who during that term lived around the park. Official letters have been sent to them warning the risk of illness due to increased exposure.
One person lived at multiple High Sierra camps in wilderness areas; even he has been informed about the risk. From the bookings and reservations made at these two places, the contact details were fetched.
As said by Quinley, by sending notifications to around 230,000 overnight guests, they never tried to state that everyone had Hantavirus. It was just to warn them that they are at a higher risk of contracting the disease. It was a way of raising awareness so that people could get themselves checked on time.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez