About 10 surgeons at Sweden's University of Gothenburg conducted a miracle uterus transplant in which mothers donated their wombs to their daughters. Last year, Eva Ottoson, 56, had expressed her desire to transplant her womb to her daughter Sara.
Sara is 25 years old and was born without reproductive system. It is for the very first time when uterus transplant has been carried out in mother-to-daughter. In the last weekend, two women underwent the uterus transplant surgery. The women are said to be in their 30s but their identities have not been disclosed.
But, it has been informed that the two have received wombs from their respective mothers. It is believed that Sara was involved in the surgery but there aren't any evidences to prove the assertion. It has been informed that one of the recipients of womb had to be removed with it because of cervical cancer and the other one was born without it.
The surgeons spent seven hours in the operation theater. However, till now they have not said anything about the success of the operation. The doctors said that they will confirm the success of the operation only when the two women have conceived.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez