Kevin Burke, an independent software developer has raised concerns about the loopholes in the username and password system of Virgin Mobile's services in the US. He was of the view that the system is weak that anybody can guess the password through a number of password guessing tools.
Mobile number is used as username by the Virgin Mobile users and they have to fill their six digit password, which is said to be quite guessable. Kevin was of the view that once the abuser is able to get the access of the phone then he is able to go through all the calls and text messages.
Moreover, he is also able to bring changes in the services, like alterations in service address and can even change the password. Burke was of the view that once the password gets changed then it gets really difficult to do anything against the attack.
"It is trivial to write a program that checks all million possible password combinations, easily determining anyone's PIN inside of one day", further asserted Bruke. He has recommended some of the measures in which he has said that one should keep difficult passwords, like including more numerals and symbols.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez