Health Canada has been taking out a review on its study on GM corns. The study has raised concerns about certain health problems like elevated cancer risk, organ damage and in severe cases, premature death.
After coming across the study findings, Health Canada said that they are reviewing the study and if they find the study findings to be conclusive then they will surely take an action on the same. Health Canada has said that their departmental scientists have been going through the study and it would be too early to comment anything on the same.
"Should our review of this new study demonstrate a risk, Health Canada will take appropriate actions to protect the health and safety of Canadians”. It has been found that GM Corns are grown in Canada for two main purposes.
First purpose is to use in the feed of animals and the second reason is that it is being used in the processed food items. As soon as the French government got to know about the news of infected GM, they have instructed their own food safety agency to carry out investigation on imports.
If the news turns out to be true then they will seek for a ban on European Union imports of the GM corp.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez