Rethink Robotics' cofounder Rodney Brooks is into the development of a completely new robot, which he promises would work with humans and for humans, according to the revelations by a recent report.
It is being said by him that robots filling factories or putting cars together are a thing of past. It is time for a better robot that is not difficult to operate unlike the previous ones and is advanced. Though, the result is still experimental, the robot has already been named as Baxter and is being promised to deliver what he expects.
Brooks, initially the iRobot co-founder, has studied robotics and artificial intelligence from MIT, spending years on the same. And Rethink Robotics, his new firm, aims to see revolution of the industrial robots. The experimental robot is a part of the aim.
As per the findings, the robot stands about 6 feet tall with grippers and two flexible arms. Also, it has a face and all these parts are displayed on an LCD screen. Further, it is completely functional as its eyes look where he is to work and it indicates how it works.
Brooks was quoted as saying, "It's meant not to be a heavy-duty device for superhuman tasks, but rather a helper for the average line worker".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez