Not many days have passed when news of a person, who has suffered "popcorn lung" problem, hit the national and international dailies. In the case, Wayne Watson was having micro-wave popcorn of a certain company for last one decade.
Gradually, he was diagnosed with popcorn lung problem, as the popcorn he was consuming was having artificial butter known as diacetyl. Wayne filed a case against the manufacturer as well as the supermarket store, which sold him packs. Wayne was of the view that the company should have put warning on the pack about the chemical.
The jury, which was listening to the case, awarded $7.2-million to him. The news is now being considered by experts to be similar to the case of Stella Liebeck's, which took place in 1994. She was awarded 2.9-million as compensatory amount when coffee spilled on her inner thighs. She suffered third degree burns and Mc Donalds was asked to pay the claims.
Later, the amount was being reduced to $480,000.00. It is now considered the same will happen with Watson as well. Experts were of the view that there are chances that Watson may even be asked that he should not have consumed so much popcorns.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez