This year, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Northern Nevada will be held on 7th of October. The participants of the event will be seen running in Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. Last year, the event was organized in Boomtown Casino.
Because of the delays faced by the last year’s participants the organizers of the race have decided to hold the event in a new venue. Niki Patin has been volunteering for the Komen for the past few years now. Patin said, “It’s a community-focused organization. They really wanted to host. We want it to be a lively, spirited event of women who battle breast cancer and the people who help them”.
Patin was brought up in England. Before coming to the US, she had faced tough life time experiences as she got divorced. When she came to the US, she volunteered for the Komen event and since then she has been helping organizers in conducting lively events.
During her stay in the US, she has worked with various firms that included Crisis Call Center and Court Appointed Special Advocates. However, she have been doing her bit in helping people and families battling with cancer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez