This US man used to eat microwave popcorn for the last 10 years. Gradually, Wayne Watson got to know that he has been suffering from “microwave popcorn lung” problem, which has occurred due to consuming artificial butter chemical known as diacetyl.
Later, Watson filed a legal case against the company as well as against the supermarket firm, which used to sell him the popcorn. Watson was of the view that nowhere it was written that the chemical can cause such kind of problems.
There should have been a warning message on the pack, but there was not. This made him assume that the product is absolutely safe for consumption and he continued having them. The US court, which was listening to the case, has given justice in the favor of Watson.
He has been awarded $7 million in the form of compensation. However, the company was of the view that Watson might be suffering from the disease for a long time now and has expressed it now. Lawyer of the defense team also mentioned that Watson’s problem was due to the reason that he used to works in carpet related industry. They further asserted that they will file another case in the court.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez