A recent study carried out by researchers at the Universite de Montreal and Hopital Ste. Justine Research Centre says that premature birth may be taken lightly initially, but it can have devastating and lasting effects on one’s adulthood.
Though, no one is spared by the premature birth, it is being said that women suffer the most. The reason behind the same, as per the report published online in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, is the natural process that they later become mothers.
Quebec health records for almost 7,405 prematurely born women were examined, as per the findings, and compared with 16,714 women born between 1976 and 1995 at term. These women had given birth between 1987 and 2008.
It was found that one in every 10 women born at term was facing a serious pregnancy issue. However, one in five was experiencing the same amongst extremely premature. Thus, suggestions are coming that physicians should inquire expecting women about their own birth experiences as well.
“We’d want to see other studies that confirm this information before we start adding a huge extra burden, in terms of the worry that the pregnant women have”, said William Mundle, Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada spokesperson.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK