Recently, the Obama Administration has informed the public that some of the doctors are using the electronic records for swindling the Medicare. The Obama administration has pledged to punish all the culprits who have been playing the dirty game with the Medicare.
Following the revelation, about five hospitals have been issues warnings by the US Health and Human Services Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius and the Attorney General, Eric Holder. While writing warning letters to the hospitals, Sebelius and Holder wrote, "We will not tolerate health care fraud. Law enforcement will take appropriate steps to pursue healthcare providers who misuse electronic health records to bill for services never provided".
It has been informed that the electronic records are being used by some of the doctors for infringing and tempering the details. The Obama administration is quite angry over such activities of the doctors.
The hospitals have been advised to keep a tab over the electronic activities of the doctors as next time the culprits will be punished severely. Millions of losses have been occurred to Medicare because of the notorious activities. It is hoped that hospitals from onwards will take care of the issue.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez