It may sound startling to many, but it is the reality that the brains of women contain male DNA. Presence of male DNA in women’s brain has been termed as fetomaternal microchimerism.
The research, which was taken out by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, has revealed that presence of male DNA could be due to a number of factors. One of the common reasons is when woman is expecting her baby.
It has been found that cells from unborn baby boy gets passed on to women. This happens so, as during the pregnancy, it’s common to exchange genetic material between child and mother.
The study researchers were of the view that they still need to conduct further study on the matter. So, that they can know what the cells indicate when they are present in the women’s brain.
William Chan, who is an immunologist at the Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, which is in Seattle, was of the view, "The most important implication of our findings is the potential for both positive and negative consequences of microchimerism in the brain for a number of different diseases”.
This is the reason that they want to carry out further research on the matter, so probable loss and benefit can be known.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez