On Wednesday, Biologists claimed of having unveiled one of the mysteries behind the vampire squid. The vampire squid relies over corpse for survival. In scientific terms the squid is described as ‘phylogenetic relic’.
It has been informed that the creature lives in tropical oceans, deep under the water. At 600 and 900 meters depths, the creature is left with oxygen and dead decaying bodies. The creature keeps its eye open for any movement in the water.
While on its trip to deep water areas, it emits dark-blue bioluminescence to cloak its jelly-like body from predators. The findings of the biologists have been published in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
For about 30 years, researchers have been trying hard to study the squid by using robot submarine explorers and dissections. The recent findings will pave the way for the further investigation over the life of squid.
During the recent study, it has been found that the squid don’t rely over living prey for survival. In fact they feed themselves over dead and decaying bodies. Now the researchers will be studying the features of squid’s mouth. It is hoped that the researchers will be able to study the squid’s mouth as well.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez