The World Health Organization has reported that depression, which is a form of mental illness, is likely to be at the top most position by sometime in the year 2030. And as per a new report, it seems that amid concerns related to the condition, October 10 this year has been chosen as the best day to mark World Mental Health Day.
It is being said that depression-like illnesses can be treated easily. In fact, people with these illnesses can fully recover. But, the main hindrance in their path of recovery becomes their feeling of disgrace to have such an illness.
The team says that this shame to discuss the condition or be open about the same even worsens their health. So, the campaign being planned for Oct. 10 would be raising awareness about cognitive problems.
It has been told that an open discussion would be held about not one but everyone’s mental well-being. Since, the same is currently the third most burdening disease since 2004. Participants would need to buy a colourful butterfly badge to wear and an informational booklet as well.
“We haven't put enough into researching to find solutions for treatment-resistant depression”, Mr. Cole was quoted as saying.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez