Norwegian researchers have revealed after a study dubbed 'Equality in the Home' that couples who share household work are more likely to divorce, as per a recent report.
To many (or probably all), it might sound strange, but it is absolutely evident, says the team. It is being said that the possibilities are not less even; such couples are 50% more at risk of getting divorced than their counterparts.
It has been found that the more a man works at home to help his wife, the greater are the possibilities of his divorce. However, the couples, in which a woman undertakes most of the household tasks, are at less risks of being divorced.
The reason, as per the team, is probably partially the chores themselves. Besides, modern attitudes are being held responsible for the increased rates of divorce. It is being said that women these days are independent and earning and well-educated as well. And this is mostly the reason that they if find any difficulty in marriages, they easily get divorced and manage.
“What we've seen is that sharing equal responsibility for work in the home doesn't necessarily contribute to contentment”, study co-author Thomas Hansen was quoted as saying.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez