For a long time now, obesity issue in the US has been attracting headlines of many dailies. Every passing day bring along a new report in regard to obesity. Not many days have passed when it was being warned in the report that more than 50% of the US population will get obese by 2030.
Recently, another report has emerged which has revealed that obesity is a new threat to the security to the country. The report being taken out by Mission: Readiness, which is an organization of 300 officials, has found that childhood obesity is the biggest threat that they have been witnessing.
The report named as “Still Too Fat to Fight”, has unveiled that intake of junk food being sold outside the schools, is one of the reasons, which has given birth to childhood obesity. Moreover, it has been found that increased intake of sugary drinks is also adding to the problem.
The study findings suggest, "Provide a strong impetus to develop recommendations and policy decisions to limit consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages”. Sonia Caprio, who is a professor of pediatrics has been positioned at the Yale School of Medicine said that it is a high time now that action needs to be taken.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez