October is celebrated as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The month sees a lot of activities taking place in the countries across the globe. One of the most common activities that are being performed in the month is provision of screenings and raising awareness about the importance of screening.
It has been revealed that LIJ Medical Center has announced that they will be providing free breast cancer screenings to women, who are uninsured. It shall be noted that the age cap for women, who can take part in free screenings is 50 to 64 years.
Moreover, it has also been revealed that doctors will be using 3D screenings. Doctors revealed about the 3-D screenings as "look at each layer of breast tissue one at a time, which can help reduce false alarms that can come from overlapping tissues".
Kaitlin Doyle, who is the Women's Health Coordinator at LIJ Medical Center, was of the view that they stress on regular screenings as it helps them to identify the disease on time. Moreover, screenings helps them to catch an early sign of cancer as well as allow women to know about the health. Their knowledge is improved and they get aware of the cancer and other health problems.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez