Sony has put a halt over the sales of its new Xperia S tablet, as a recent report is shedding light. While at first, many may think that a recall could be due to pre-release of details related to the device since it usually happens, the reason this time is different.
It has been told that the Android slate, launched in August this year, has some manufacturing fault in it. Though, not all, but a few units have been reported as faulty. Therefore, the company has announced a recall of the same.
The first tablet to come from Sony at IFA has been found to be vulnerable to water damage. The company is promising to take back and fix the damage. All 100,000 units sold till date, have been recalled. It has been told that some devices have realized a gap between the screen and case.
This is really unfortunate, says the company, especially when the devices are being sold as splashproof. Also, the brand name Xperia has been first attached to the tablet after a split from the long-term partner Ericsson.
A date of resume of sales has not yet been decided, as per the findings. Meanwhile, the company is blaming the Chinese plant that manufactured the product.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez