In a bid to improve services as well as hold back departments, NHS hospitals have been shutting some wards, a recent report revealed. Managers and senior doctors are highly convinced with the bizarre decision, somehow or the other.
It has been found that the aim is to redirect and focus staff as well as resources at bigger hospitals. NHS managers believe that the closures would mean managing financial constraints and improving night and weekend-care.
They are not at all outraged or worried, rather are affirming that this is only the closure of a fifth of all wards. And this is merely a start, there is yet more to go. The findings are based on a survey conducted on 300 acute hospitals in England.
As per the report, children's units, elderly wards and surgical departments are all either being closed are being planned to be downgraded. Besides, one in every 10 emergency departments is also being put to closure. Labour wards are at risk as well and campaigners are criticizing the same.
"If children's services were downgraded a "domino effect" could result. People fear that eventually the whole hospital could go, that it will be death by many cuts", said a spokesman for a local campaign, David Williamson.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez