A group of researchers at the Stanford University in the U. S. claims that it has found the reason why only a few people can be hypnotized. Their decision-making ability allows them the same, says the team.
It is being said that a much mysterious medical treatment, hypnosis, can be given to some people, while not to others, because these people are decisive. Better attention power of theirs allows them to be more prone to hypnosis.
`Archives of General Psychiatry' has published the report in its October issue and the same has revealed that the ones who do not get hypnotized are the ones who judge easily. As per the findings, this trait of theirs halts them from surrendering.
On the contrary, hypnosis needs a lot of focus along with a good concentration level. It is a state of something like surreal and is largely used to manage phobias, reduce pain as well as for controlling anxiety.
As per the team's say, hypnosis is also used as a treatment for irritable bowel syndrome, which is a condition related to stress. But, a quarter of people are not able to get benefits, says Dr. David Spiegel. Plans are now to find a way to widen hypnosis-use.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez