It has been reported that about 47 people in the US have been affected with the fungal meningitis. Till now, about five patients have even lost their life to the fungal meningitis. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the fungal meningitis has entered the US through the products of the Massachusetts-based pharmacy firm.
Following the outbreak of the fungal, about 75 medical clinics and staff have been issued warning and alerts. The CDC officials found the fungal in the sealed steroid at New England Compounding Center.
Patients who have been injected the steroid have been warned of the danger of having affected with fungal meningitis. A patient affected with fungal meningitis complaints of severe headache, nausea, and fever as well as slurred speech and difficulty in walking. In the fungal meningitis inflammation in the spinal cord and the lining of the brain occurs.
According to the CDC about 75 clinics have received the contaminated steroid that can trigger fungal meningtitis. Dr. William Schaffner from Vanderbilt University is of the view that in the coming times more cases will be seen. He said, "I'm afraid we're going to see many more cases spread across the country".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez