A unique study with regard to face perceptions was carried out by Professor David Perrett at the "Perception Lab" at St Andrews University. As a result, he found that for women, red-faced men are the more desirable.
During the study, a group of women was asked to rate the attractiveness of men after watching few pictures of them, and what Perrett found was quite amazing. It was the red-faced men like Sir Alex Ferguson who score the maximum liking by women.
So, as a conclusion, women are highly attracted towards men who look brighter. They consider such men as the leaders.
To name a few more colored or ruddy-faced celebrities, who women find attractive are actor Brad Pitt, tycoon Sir Richard Branson and former US president Bill Clinton.
As said by the professor, "We have shown increased redness enhances the appearance of dominance, aggression and attractiveness in men's faces viewed by women. This is something we share with many other species".
So if you have a ruddy complexion like Prince Harry then, consider yourself lucky. You could be equally irresistible for the bunch out there.
The research says that similar to women, it is important for men also to look rosy and glowing; women just don't like pale men.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits