It has been reported that the cases of fungal meningitis have increased over the past few years. About 91 people have been diagnosed of suffering with it. It has been reported that tainted epidural steroid injections has led to the fungal meningitis cases.
Officers from the US and Drug and Administration Department has called for an investigation over the case. It has come to light that the steroid injections were tainted at New England Compounding Center, which was supplied to about 75 clinics.
All clinics have the supply of the tainted injections have been alarmed. Still, the cases of fungal meningitis are on high. Investigating officers have found that the people who received the injections in the past has added to number to the fungal meningitis' cases.
John Jernigan, medical epidemiologist at the CDC said, "There's no evidence that new infections are occurring at a more rapid rate". Investigators are currently determining the number of patients who developed sickness after getting injections.
The maker of the injection has recalled the tainted steroid injections with the aim of limiting the sickness cases. It has been reported that 56-year-old patient succumbed to death after developing fungal meningitis.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez