A group of researchers at the two institutes, Institute of Cancer Research, London and the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, has come up with a novel kind of blood test, which they say will be able to reveal about prostate cancer.
Lead researcher Professor Johann de Bono was of the view that their newly developed blood test mimics barcode, which is able to predict serious prostate cancers. It takes the help of gene activity to know the severity of the cancer.
Another plus point being mentioned by Bono was that the test can be used along with PSA test. This will further increase the diagnosis rate. "Prostate cancer is a very diverse disease - some people live with it for years without symptoms but for others it can be aggressive and life-threatening", said Bono while explaining the reason for developing the test.
They were of the fact that changes in blood are a great way to know details about prostate cancer. While keeping this thing in the mind, the study researchers prepared this test. In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers carried out a test on 100 patients with prostate cancer. After assuring about the test, study researchers will tailor it further as per one's needs.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez