As many as 105 people have been affected by the contaminated steroid injections and nine people have lost their lives due to the same in the US. Health officials were of the view that 13,000 people have received the injections in different states of the US.
Health officials further asserted that though such a large number has received injections, they are not aware of the total number, which is at maximum risk. The injection had a rare strain of meningitis and it has been received for a number of purposes.
Some have received to reduce back pain while others have taken it in knees and shoulders. Curtis Allen, spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention informed that those, who have received the injection in their shoulders, need not to worry, as they are not at risk.
The injection was being dispensed by a pharmacy, which after knowing the matter has recalled the products and has even stopped its operations. Irrespective of these things, it can also not be ignored that the contaminated batch of injections has been sent to 23 different states.
"While there is no indication at this time of any contamination in other NECC products, this recall is being taken as a precautionary measure", said the company.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez