A solar eruption was there to be seen late last Thursday i. e. October 4, as per a latest report, and a coronal mass ejection, also known as CME amongst scientists, was unfolded by the same.
NASA has reported the event, the eerie northern lights which had been recently put on a show as well. A strong wave of solar particles was flung towards the Earth during the event, when the Sun is very close to its 11-year cycle's height.
Charged solar particles, which spewed around the space, caused the northern lights that are becoming more powerful now. It has been informed that this week these are stretching as far towards south as Michigan. And a previous similar event had begun in 2008; pictures were captured in Cotton, Minn.
"Not to be confused with a solar flare, a burst of light and radiation, CMEs are a phenomenon that can send solar particles into space, reaching Earth one to three days later", officials from the agency were quoted as saying.
It is being said that the CME has been travelling at some 400 miles per second or 1.4 million miles per hour. Besides, the website recording such events has claimed that the CME may reach Earth by Monday with a glancing blow to the magnetic field.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez