For a long time, rumors were prevalent in international market that Sprint has been trying to strike a deal with Softbank. Earlier, when media sought confirmation from Softbank, they denied the news and termed it to be a rumor.
However, now Sprint has assured that they have asked Softbank for a deal. Experts were of the view that the deal could mean that 70% stake of Sprint might go in the hands of Softbank. Not only this, it has been rumored that Softbank may also take control of Clearwire, which technology partner of Sprint.
This is not the end to prevailing speculations, as it also being speculated that Softbank is considering investing $12.5 billion in Sprint. Sprint needs such a big investment, as it wants to upgrade LTE network and wants the company's balance sheet to be quite strong.
The news of merger has made experts think that the deal might take both the companies to have a global thinking. It is being said so, as Softbank operates from Japan and on the other hand, Sprint has its headquarters in the US.
It seems that the merger will be prove to be a lucrative business for the US market, which is already considered to be a lucrative market for international businesses.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez