A trial was conducted to check a drug that helps in curing hepatitis C. Drug developer Biotron's announcement that the same has proved to be a success has taken its shares up by some 60%, reveals a new report.
It was Tuesday at 1419 AEDT, when the company's shares were 5.4 cents up at 14.5 cents. Since, Biotron had told that patients followed up during a phase II trial conducted last year for drug BIT225 has shown 100% patients virus-free.
Participants were given 400mg dose of the drug along with standard anti-viral drugs and the effects were tested after 48 weeks of the trial. Besides, a few patients were provided with 200mg of BIT225 and it has been told that more than 87% of them were benefitted and were virus-free.
The team concludes that benefits offered by both the therapies together i. e. Hepatitis C virus in combination with conventional drugs were overshadowing the benefits by conventional drugs alone.
"The 48-week data extends the previous three-month data and demonstrates that BIT225 appeared to continue to provide additional benefit to patients after the conclusion of dosing", Biotron was quoted as saying.
The study is now to be presented in November at the annual American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez