After coming across the following revelation, you might thank God that you live on Earth. As per a recent revelation, being taken through the NASA Kepler space telescope, it has been found that majority of the planets in solar systems are as flat as pancakes.
In fact, some planets are even flatter than pancakes. The research being carried out a team led by UCLA's Julia Fang, has found that majority of the planets that were revolving near the stars that were in proximity to the Kepler telescope were quite flat.
It would not be wrong to say that 85% of the solar systems that have planets have circular planets and only 3% of them are said to be in a different shape. Fang, who was present at the American Astronomical Society Division of Planetary Science meeting, which took place in Reno, was found to be saying that they were amazed to see so many planets and that too in pan cake shapes.
It has also been revealed that five planets have been found, which revolves much closer than Earth revolves around the Sun. "All five planets zip around their star within a region 150 times smaller in area than the Earth's orbit, despite containing more material than several Earths”, said researcher Darin Ragozzine.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez