A Brazilian man noticed some changes in the appearance of his head some two years. Thinking that he might be suffering from cancer or any other inflammatory disease, he got his scalp tested.
Evaluation revealed that he has been suffering from a rare condition known as cutis verticis gyrate. Identity of this person including his name has been concealed. The condition is said to be a rare one, and is associated with the thickness of the scalp. When one looks at the scalp, he would see a number of folds and furrows, and all this happens due to this rare condition.
Dr. Josh Zeichner, from Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York City, threw some light on the rare disease. He was of the view that the disease generally occurs among men, who have recently passed puberty.
He has seen such cases, but there is no doubt that they are rare, as one in 100,000 people suffers from this condition. Talking about the complications in regard to the problem is "But you need make there are no associated medical conditions and take care that no bacteria or yeast grow within the furrows". For now, the person has not undergone any sort of treatment and is doing well.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez