Sony has been trying to save more cash as well as is making efforts to streamline its production. While progressing in its efforts, it has announced to close the Minokamo Site, a manufacturing plant in Japan.
The closure will cost 2,000 job losses, said higher officials. Moreover, it has been found that the plant was responsible for the manufacturing of interchangeable lenses. A lot many other steps are going to be take place, which will help the company to save as many as 30 billion yen.
Company officials informed that job losses will take majorly in Sony Corporation, Sony EMCS Corporation and some other subsidiaries will be also be involved. Major setback will be witnessed by employees, who have been working in support functions section. Other departments, which are expected to see job losses, are television department.
Main reason for taking such step is to focus on smartphones, said sources known to the matter. The site will get closed by March 2013 and 2, 000 job loss will take place by the end of this year. It has also come into notice that 10,000 more people from Sony staff will lose their jobs, not this year, but by end of March 2013.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez