Statements from Interior Ministry have confirmed on Friday about the detainment of a TNK-BP holding official for bribe seeking, by Russian Police. The officials added that the inspectors have arrested the OAO TNK-BP Holding (TNBP)'s head of a government relations department for seeking $6 million in bribes for selling government posts.
The TNK-BP official Igor Korneyev is employed at the company since three months. The ministry has confirmed that the head has been caught red-handed while he was taking an advance payment of more than 3 million rubles ($97,400) against his illegal favor of securing posts in the presidential administration and the office of the presidential envoy to Russia's Central Administrative District for two businessmen.
The details regarding the case have been revealed by the ministry today on its website. The suspect had worked in the Irkutsk regional government until June. The statement added that he offered to sell the state jobs in September to both the men.
TNK-BP Holding, is the traded unit of BP Plc (BP/)'s 50-50 oil venture with a group of billionaires, which was founded back in the year 2003 by Britain's BP (BP. L) and a quartet of Soviet-born billionaires.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez