It is a known fact that girls have been witnessing puberty much earlier than the age being mentioned in medical books. It is now that it has been found that even boys are not far from adopting this trend, as a new study has unveiled that boys have been witnessing puberty earlier.
The study, which is yet to be published in the journal Pediatrics, has unveiled that boys have been witnessing puberty six months to two years before than the age mentioned in books. Lead author Marcia Herman-Giddens from the University of North Carolina said that they were the ones, who revealed about early onset of puberty among girls in 1990's.
They got late in the case of boys, but there is a reason for the same. The explanation is girls have some signs, which indicate their puberty, like start of menstrual cycle and development of breasts. In the case of boys, there are no such signs.
In order to know the puberty truth among boys, the asked more than 4,100 boys, and they were aged between six and 16. Study researchers noted the information in regard to their genital size and public hair growth.
"The overall concern is that by hastening puberty you're actually shortening childhood", said study researchers.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez