Legalization of marijuana for medical use is a hot topic discussion in the US. There are a number of people, who want that marijuana must get legalized, so they do not have to go through the black market to have an access to the same.
One of the advocates for medical marijuana is Alison Jones, a Massachusetts based nurse. She met with an accident, in which she broke her 18 bones and has been living with unbearable pain. But since the time, she has started taking medical marijuana, she is feeling quite better and now wants that the drug can get legalized.
She does not like that she has to knock such doors, which are considered to be illegal in the state. Jones is not alone, as there are a number of people like her, who want to take the drug, but through legal measures.
John Keenan, who is the chairman of the Joint Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse, said that a lot of planning would be needed to legalize the use, as a lot of loopholes are there. These loopholes can increase the vulnerability of the drug to be used for wrong purposes as well. "And lost in all that, I think, will be the legitimate role medical marijuana should play in the treatment of patients", further asserted Keenan.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez