A lot of speculations were going on in regard to the deal taking place between the British energy giant BP and Rosneft, the Russian state oil company. Initially, none of the parties were commenting on the topic.
However, it is now that the BP has announced that they have been trying to strike a deal with Rosneft. People, who are known to the matter, were of the view that though the deal is final from the side of the BP, there are some trivial issues, which need to be resolved before moving forth in the deal.
It has further been revealed that all the possible efforts are being made to ensure that best possible negotiations are being made from both sides of the company. If the deal gets through then Rosneft might pay approximately $28 billion and that too in the form of liquid asset. Moreover, there are probable chances that the BP is able to get one seat in the board of members of Rosneft.
If the deal, gets done then BP will be allowed to act as an investor in the oil company that is being controlled by President Vladimir V. Putin. "We have seen this remarkable strengthening of the influence of Rosneft and Sechin personally", said John Lough, an expert from Chatham House.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez