A simple recipe for a successful aging: Eating Fruits and Vegetables daily and staying away from smoking. This is an ideal combination to go into a successful aging, as said by researchers.
When we talk about successful, again it not only indicates towards a high quality of life, laying good physical and mental health; it also refers to be liberated of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
This study was carried out by Dr. Séverine Sabia of the department of epidemiology and public health at England's University College London. It continued for 16 years.
Dr. Sabia along with her colleagues analyzed and recorded the data and reports of 5,100 men and women, all aged between 42 and 63. During the beginning of this study, none of the participants had cancer, coronary artery disease or a brain related problem.
Participants were told about four healthy behaviors:
- No smoking
- Moderate alcohol consumption; for women the limit was set as one to 14 units per week and for men it was one to 21 units per week
- Physical activity for a minimum of 2.5 hours a week
- Eating fruits and vegetables daily
As a result, the researchers found that all those participants who said they follow all the healthy behaviors had 3.3 times higher chances of enjoying successful aging in comparison to those who were far away from any one of them.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez