This year, rates of whooping cough have been quite high in the US. If the cases of whooping cough continue to surge then it could prove worst epidemic in the past 50 years. Till now, about 32,000 cases of whooping cough have been reported.
The figures have been released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). According to the CDC, about 16 deaths have been led by whooping cough. Mostly infants have succumbed to the deadly disease.
Following the increased incidences of whooping cough, the CDC has suggested that mums should also be vaccinated against the disease by Tdap vaccine. Normally, Tdap vaccine is given to the pre-Teens and adults. Women will be given the vaccination at the time of each pregnancy even if they have previously received it.
The step has been taken with the aim of reducing the future cases of whooping cough. It has come to light that at present, only three percent of the pregnant women get themselves vaccinated against the whooping cough. It is hoped that the vaccination will help fetus in fighting with the whooping cough causing bacteria after birth.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez