Recently, health officials of Minnesota have reported of having found two new cases of fungal meningitis. The two victims of fungal meningitis are in their 50s and 60s. It has been reported that the two fell ill soon after having injected the contaminated steroid injections.
The fungal meningitis is said to be one of the worst outbreaks as nine people are said to have been seriously affected by the fungal meningitis. Richard Danila, deputy Minnesota state epidemiologist said that one of the new cases had not been provided with prompt treatment. Richard said, "He should have been admitted and treated about two weeks ago. He fell through the cracks".
It has come to light that all the patients affected with fungal meningitis had received the contaminated steroid injections. The situation is worse in the US as about 328 people have fallen ill after receiving fungal meningitis. Investigations are being held to gauge the movement of the disease that has affected many lives.
Till now, about 24 people have succumbed to death because of the fungal meningitis. It is hoped that effective steps will be taken to prevent life from the wide spread fungal meningitis.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez