As per reports, it has been revealed that boarding pass barcodes meant for US domestic airlines is not a strong security system. It is being said so, as it can allow travelers to get items on board that are not being allowed there.
There are possibilities that the code can weaken the PreCheck system, which is being prevalent in the US. The system is such, which allows the frequent fliers to ignore the security procedure that is to be followed before boarding.
In the standard system, selected travelers do not require to remove their shoes and jackets. However, such things are not possible in the new system. It has been found that the barcodes can only be decoded by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officials.
Twist in the story came at the time when people use their smartphones to know that whether they have been picked or not. Christopher Soghoian from the American Civil Liberties Union said, "The problem is, the passenger and flight information encoded in barcode is not encrypted in any way".
The US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) did not respond on the matter. They just released a statement that no information can be given on screening process.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez