Deputy Prime Minister Wayne Swan has accused the Queensland government of closing two units of Eventide Aged Care Campus so that it can sell its land. In retune, the Queensland Government has cancelled all allegations and has said the allegation by Swan is baseless.
Swan said he is not going to give up easily and would fight for the rights of the elderly. He had even organized a protest in which 250 people participated. Main aim was to ask the government to drop the decision of closing the units.
All were wearing T-shirts having a message `Save Eventide'. The T-shirt also had an animated character of Swan. During the protest, Swan asked protestors to ask the government that they should change their decision of closing the units.
The units, which have become bone of contentions, are of the Eventide Aged Care Campus. It has been found that the state government announced last month that they are going to close the units.
"I believe the state government is not interested in maintaining this site here, and that's why they're starting to wind it down", said Swan while addressing the Press.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez