As per reports, it has been revealed that Woolworths has voluntarily recalled its raw almonds, as it is being thought that they are being infested with salmonella. The WA Health Department has passed on public awareness message that they should avoid eating the raw almonds.
They have further informed that 30 people in West Australia have been affected by the same. It has been asked that people should remain alert about the disease, whose common symptoms are fever, stomach pain and diarrhea.
Those who have been witnessing such symptoms have been asked to seek medical advice. Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is also among the authorities, which have asked its consumers to check about the raw almonds on the suspicion that it has salmonella poisoning.
Melanie Fisher, the Deputy CEO of FSANZ, said the government has been investigating the matter. All the governments that are state, territory and federal government have been working in unison to investigate the matter.
"There have been two recalls associated with this outbreak, one conducted nationally by Woolworths and one in southeast Queensland by Flannerys", informed Fisher. He said that people should check the brands of raw almonds being supplied to them.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez