There are many reasons to push a person for getting flu jabs. However, a recent review over the administration of flu vaccination has found that the vaccination not only helps in preventing influenza but also heart problems. The findings are new and encouraging.
To prove the assertion, two researchers from Canada conducted two studies, independently. The findings of the study were recently presented at 2012 Canadian Cardiovascular Congress. Both the studies have showed that the flu vaccination can help in keeping heart healthy.
While presenting the findings of the study, Dr. Jacob Udell from Toronto University said, "For those who had the flu shot, there was a pretty strong risk reduction". It has been found that the flu vaccination reduces the incidences of heart problems by 50%.
Total number of 3,227 patients was recruited by the researchers. Half of the patients were given dummy pills while others were given flu jabs. During the studies, it was found that the risk of developing heart attack reduced among the people who were given flu jabs. The results of the studies can be used to encourage people for getting flu vaccination. In the US, a large study was conducted which showed as to how influenza drugs can prevent heart diseases.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez