Kira Reed had caught fire, getting a burn 7-inch-long on her side, some two years back, when she was giving cesarean section delivery. But, a recent report has revealed that a court handling the case filed by the woman has ruled that it was not the Syracuse doctor, who should be charged for the operating-room mishap.
It has been found that an alcohol-based antiseptic was applied to the woman's skin, which accidentally got ignited by a medical device. However, the baby of hers was saved, but she was injured and she sued the hospital to the court.
The court says that it was not a result of the doctor's negligence, rather an accident. But, The Post-Standard of Syracuse is of the opinion that the decision of the court is not apt. Since, obstetrician Stephen Brown could have prevented the accident.
It is being said that surgical fires are though not common, these when happen, that is only because a hot device comes in touch with disinfectant solutions and the alcohol does not get a chance to evaporate. But the court disagrees and says that four nurses have reported to not have proper training to prevent fires with one not even aware of the fire hazard.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez