Although the hunting of deer is banned, there are some regions where hunting is allowed. However, this year, the hunters need to be extra careful as the DNR has asked the hunters to get their hunted deer tested for a disease called Chronic Wasting Disease.
On the coming season of hunting, hunters might be seen on the permit areas 159, 183 and 225. It is believed that deer of these areas are affected with Chronic Waste Disease. These zones fall on boarders of the areas where the C-W-D disease has been found.
To enjoy hunting season, hunters will be required to get themselves registered online. Besides, hunters have been asked to kill any deer with yellow mark on the ear. This will help in preventing the spread of C-W-D.
It is believed that about 20 deer are affected with the disorder. Animals affected with the disease can succumb to death. Many owners of farms have experienced death of the animals at their farm because of the disease. As a reward for killing diseased deer, hunters will be issued a new license for no extra cost.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez