Microsoft Corp. is putting in its best efforts to compete to Apple Inc. and all those devices that are running with the software from the Google Inc. The latest example of the competition is the recent official release of Microsoft's nascent Windows Phone software that has been dubbed as Windows Phone 8.
According to the statements coming from Microsoft, the new software has a big list of new features like the ability for the applications including Facebook Inc. or Groupon Inc., to display the recently posted photos or the latest daily deals on the device's home screen etc.
Microsoft has next confirmed that some of the new Windows 8 phones will be launched only after mid-November, which implies that the company's sale of the product could be hampered in the U. S. as compared to the market of the rival phones such as Apple's iPhone 5, which will have already been on the market for more than a month at that point.
Microsoft is a Redmond, Wash. based firm that since years has been setting a big competition in the mobile market. On Monday, the company launched the Windows Phone 8 in San Francisco. Microsoft has promised to give the users some new features that are compatible with the non-Windows devices and mentioned some of its newest popular apps were top performers on Apple's and Google's devices.
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording