The Center for Disease Control has warned that cases of whooping cough have increased in last five decades. Moreover, 2012 have been seeing a number of cases, which has led experts to pass on public alert about the same.
In order to know about the disease, it is very important to know about signs and symptoms of the disease. Some of the common symptoms of the disease were common cold, cough, which follows a whooping sound.
Experts stressed on one factor that cough get severe in night. It is a communicable disease, which can be passed through cough and sneeze, unhygienic hands and by remaining close to the person, who is having the disease.
It shall be noted that whooping cough can prove fatal for babies, and in severe cases, it can lead to death. Christine Schuyler, who is the director of Public Health at Chautauqua County, said, "If your child is ill with a cough, keep them home from school and/or daycare".
He further affirmed that if one does not let his child to remain at home then he is doing nothing, but alleviating the problem. One child will pass on the problem to many other students, and a chain will form, which will have no end.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez