A recent report confirmed sales of one million units per month for the Google-branded Nexus 7 tablet. It has been confirmed by Taiwanese PC and tablet maker Asus' chief financial officer David Chang that the tablet has managed to make a good enough position in the market, though it started a bit slow with 500K -600 units a month.
"At the beginning, it was, for instance, 500K units a month, then maybe 600, 700K. This latest month, it was close to 1 million", he said. But, things changed a lot when it reached 1 million last month.
The Taiwanese technology maker has done fairly good job and its third quarter earnings are showing it pretty well with its notebook range's sale around 5 million shipments per month.
It was further added tablets shipments have seen an increase of three times from 800,000 in the second quarter to 2.3 million shipments, thereby showing how things are changing for the company.
As far as fourth quarter is concerned, tablet sales are expected to jump by 13% to 2.6 million shipments, with some 10 million units in 2013. It would be worth seeing what future holds for the company which is doing fairly good job right now.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez