A recent report talked about Skype's VoIP app for Windows Phone 8. It is expected to have a lot many options than seen in Windows Phone 7.5.
It has been written in native code and is found to be integrated with address book in addition with dialer but partially. It makes one receive incoming Skype calls just like one gets in a cellular call. It has a perfect notification system which doesn't let the battery drain.
It has a new screen for favorite contacts with group chat makes its entry. It has almost the same emoticons as earlier along with support for Skype Credit, which would allow users to call friends overseas. In case you get IM while you are in a video call, one would be able to respond or even move the bubble aside without crashing the call.
One can get into the Skype app through two ways, one is from the live tile/app list or by selecting a contact's name from the address book.
However, the buddy-list-to-chat behavior seems to be complex which appears to serve Skype's main aim to forward its chat service in comparison to sufficing ones need to make a call. It would be worth seeing how the new app would be received by people once it hits the market.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez