It is not a secret that the Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) comes up with some of the unique concepts. If to talk about the things, which has been developed by them then self driving cars and internet are some of the many things.
This time, it has decided to go one step further, as it wants to come up with a robot, which can walk like a human as well as work in most dangerous disaster zones. It was in last week that the DARPA announced that they have come with a new challenge and that is "Robotics Challenge".
The contest aims to come up with a robot that as said can work on dangerous disaster zones, like Fukushima nuclear reactor and other natural calamities. The DARPA has announced that teams can register with them and they have to create prototypes. In addition, a new twist has also been launched this time that is general people will also be allowed to take part in the contest.
It shall be noted that one can register as an individual or teams can also participate. Gill Pratt, who is the program manager for the Robotics Challenge at DARPA said, "A common goal of advancing robotic technology to the point where it can have a tangible and positive impact on humanitarian assistance and disaster relief".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez