George Lucas's media empire Disney has decided to buy Lucasfilm, as per revelations of a new report. The announcement was made Tuesday by the family entertainment company that a big amount of cash and stock would be disbursed to acquire the American film production company.
It is being said that the purchase probably means that Mickey would now get his hands on to Star Wars franchise. Also, the company's final three movies may go on the go of the theatrically successful saga. Plus, Disney's theme parks may be benefitted.
However, it is highly likely that the fans of Disney get disappointed with the decision of shelling out some $4.05 billion to Lucasfilm. But, it is being said that the company had previously also given out billions of money to purchase Pixar and Marvel. Also, none of its acquisitions proved to be disadvantageous.
Therefore, fans should remain carefree. It is being said that when Star Wars did not face a problem in surviving Jar Jar Binks, it would not fail this time too. "Dating all the way back to Walt Disney's day, we learned the value of great content, characters, storytelling and great imaginary worlds", said Robert Iger, Chief Executive Officer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez